Please select a faction to begin…
About this App
A Who for the What Now?
X-Wing is a brilliant tabletop war game that simulates the space dogfights you'll have seen in the Star Wars films. Each side picks a number of ships, pilots, droids, weapons and other upgrades, then the two sides fight it out in space. It's a great game. And unlike many other wargames, you only need a handful of models to play - often as few as 3!
This app helps you quickly build your squadron by tracking how many points you've spent. It also lets you save your squadron to use again and share it with friends.
All bugs, comments, feedback and suggestions for new functionality are welcome!
Either email me at firstname.lastname@example.org…
…or click the Feedback button at the bottom-right of the screen to have bugs added directly to my to-do list.
Please include your email in the bug report if you have a question, though. I can't reply to all bug reports directly but sometimes questions have a simple solution but I can't get in touch with the reporter...
Authentication is via Facebook. Rest assured, though, this app only uses your login to remember you; it cannot post or share as you without you explicitly granting further permissions (click "Share" to see for yourself). By logging in you will enable:
- Saving your squads
- Sharing your squads
- Recording your wins and losses (so other users get feedback on squads as they build them!)
A brief rundown on the stats:
- Dark/Light Side: This is based on how many squadrons of each faction you have built.
- Player Rank: This only counts users who have registered some wins or losses, and uses the data from Top Squadrons but applied on a player-by-player basis. Gold, silver and bronze trophies represent a player's position in the top, second or bottom third of all players.
- Top Squadrons: Uses a top-secret bayesian averaging formula of my own cunning devising to give greater weight to squadrons with more win/loss data. Otherwise experimental squadrons with just a single win tend to rise to the top.
- Popular Squadrons: This is based on how many times a squadron has been thumbed in the All Sqaudrons List. It shows how interesting other users find your squadron.
- Favourite Ships/Pilots: How many times you have used each ship or pilot in your squadrons. Ships and non-unique pilots are only counted once per squadron.
- Uniqueness: What percentage of your squadrons are unique (ie. no other user has saved them).
Buy Me a Beer?
A few people have emailed me saying I should add a PayPal button for users to buy me a beer in thanks for the work I've put it in. Which is very generous, but I made this app for fun and to teach myself some new tricks and anyway, I'm not sure Fantasy Flight would approve.
If you really do want to say thanks, please donate whatever you would have given me to a children's charity. Here's one I support: Room to Read. But feel free to choose another.
Or just send me a nice email.
Hurray for Open Source!
The database is SQLite (because I'm lazy).
Bug tracking is by BugHerd. Not open source but free for a single account and exceedingly awesome.
Thank you to everyone who has reported bugs or made suggestions.
And a special thank you to Jeff Dunford on BGG for maintaining a list of all the upgrades and components. I only found it late in the day but it's still saved me hours of research time.
X-Wing: The Miniatures Game is a trademark of Fantasy Flight Games. This site is not endorsed by Fantasy Flight Games, Lucasfilm Ltd. or Twentieth Century Fox and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. Star Wars, the Star Wars logo, all names and pictures of Star Wars characters, vehicles and any other Star Wars related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Lucasfilm Ltd., or their respective trademark and copyright holders. This site in no way constitutes a threat to any trademark or intellectual property. This web app is not-for-profit and is only intended for use by fans of the game line.